One indisputable fact of life is that if we don’t die, we get older. When we get older, we will eventually need help with normal activities of daily living (such as bathing, toileting, transferring from bed to chair, feeding etc.).
The likelihood of needing help is 70% from the age of 65 on. That’s 7 out of 10.
When help is needed:
- It affects the whole family.
- The cost can be substantial.
- It is not covered by health plans or Medicare.
- Once all personal assets have been nearly exhausted, Medicaid may pay for care in a Medicaid-qualified nursing home, but it’s not free.
- Long-Term Care insurance pays for help and protects personal assets.
Long-Term Care protection is available in a variety of forms to fit most individual situations.
With Long-Term Care insurance:
- Maintain control over location and quality of care.
- Avoid being a burden on the family.
- Have leverage – get a large benefit for modest premium.
- Protect the family’s assets.
Don’t wait. Get protected before it’s too late to qualify for insurance coverage.
Call me to learn about available options.